Okay so I’ve been holidaying in Dubai since I was 11 and living in here, well just outside of Dubai for over a year now so i feel qualified enough to tell you guys what you gotta do/see here…
- So firstly you have to start your day off right and that is with breakfast, and this breakfast has to be at COCOA ROOM. If your on holiday and you have breakfast included at your hotel then PEAK! no I’m joking I love a good breakfast buffet and I wouldn’t give that up but if you can go, make sure you go COCOA ROOM and if you’re living here and you haven’t been yet, your weekend breakfast plans are now in place 😉
Must order: Salted Caramel and Burnt Marshmallow Hot Chocolate & Nutella French Toast
- Secondly make sure you have DESERT SAFARI booked for one of the days. Desert Safari is a great experience you get to do camel riding, quad biking, sand boarding, you can get yourself a henna tattoo and at the end of the day there’s a lovely bbq dinner usually accompanied by belly dancing. Also most desert safari tour operators will pick you up and drop you back to your hotel which is pretty convinient.
Top tip: Check out groupon/cobone/yalla banana for good deals on desert safari.
- Third, DUBAI MALL. I wouldn’t spend the whole day here especially if you are on holiday as there’s so much more to see but you definitely have to visit the worlds largest mall. Dubai mall has an indoor theme park, an indoor aquarium, right outside is the Burj Khalifa (you can go to the top, which is meant to be amazing) and of course theres the dancing fountain which you have to check out.
Where to eat: Shake shack (cause you can’t visit Dubai and not snapchat your tray full of juicy shake shack burgers and cheesy fries)and Mini pancakes from holland house. Also if you’re from London and you’re missing Pinkberry because they shut it down for some stupid reason THEY HAVE IT IN DUBAI MALL ❤
- Fourth, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi. YOU JUST HAVE TO GO! It is breathtaking. Everything is just perfection.
Top tip: Buy a really cute abaya from a souk in Dubai beforehand (naif souk) for really cute pictures because the ones they provide you with aren’t so cute.
- Lastly, Tresind. I won’t write much about this as I’ve dedicated a whole post to it already: https://anahhh.wordpress.com/2016/08/17/tresind-very-india/. This isn’t much of a holiday-y restaurant as you don’t have the fab views of Dubai but if you live here its an absolutely lovely place for a special birthday or anniversary.
Must order: Modernised chaat trolley, Raan & Passionfruit lava lamp
I was going to stick to strictly five but heres a few more of my faves:
- Waterparks (Wild Wadi & Aquaventure)
- Staycations if your living here (JBH, Waldorf Astoria, Desert Islands Resort and Spa, Atlantis)
- Shakespeare & co: SOUK AL BAHAR branch (great food -esp their french toast, view of burj khalifa and good shisha – perf for a girly lunch)
What are your top places to visit here? I’d love your recommendations!