Okay so I’ve been holidaying in Dubai since I was 11 and living in here, well just outside of Dubai for over a year now so i feel qualified enough to tell you guys what you gotta do/see here…
- So firstly you have to start your day off right and that is with breakfast, and this breakfast has to be at COCOA ROOM. If your on holiday and you have breakfast included at your hotel then PEAK! no I’m joking I love a good breakfast buffet and I wouldn’t give that up but if you can go, make sure you go COCOA ROOM and if you’re living here and you haven’t been yet, your weekend breakfast plans are now in place 😉
Must order: Salted Caramel and Burnt Marshmallow Hot Chocolate & Nutella French Toast
- Secondly make sure you have DESERT SAFARI booked for one of the days. Desert Safari is a great experience you get to do camel riding, quad biking, sand boarding, you can get yourself a henna tattoo and at the end of the day there’s a lovely bbq dinner usually accompanied by belly dancing. Also most desert safari tour operators will pick you up and drop you back to your hotel which is pretty convinient.
Top tip: Check out groupon/cobone/yalla banana for good deals on desert safari.
- Third, DUBAI MALL. I wouldn’t spend the whole day here especially if you are on holiday as there’s so much more to see but you definitely have to visit the worlds largest mall. Dubai mall has an indoor theme park, an indoor aquarium, right outside is the Burj Khalifa (you can go to the top, which is meant to be amazing) and of course theres the dancing fountain which you have to check out.
Where to eat: Shake shack (cause you can’t visit Dubai and not snapchat your tray full of juicy shake shack burgers and cheesy fries)and Mini pancakes from holland house. Also if you’re from London and you’re missing Pinkberry because they shut it down for some stupid reason THEY HAVE IT IN DUBAI MALL ❤
- Fourth, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi. YOU JUST HAVE TO GO! It is breathtaking. Everything is just perfection.
Top tip: Buy a really cute abaya from a souk in Dubai beforehand (naif souk) for really cute pictures because the ones they provide you with aren’t so cute.
- Lastly, Tresind. I won’t write much about this as I’ve dedicated a whole post to it already: https://anahhh.wordpress.com/2016/08/17/tresind-very-india/. This isn’t much of a holiday-y restaurant as you don’t have the fab views of Dubai but if you live here its an absolutely lovely place for a special birthday or anniversary.
Must order: Modernised chaat trolley, Raan & Passionfruit lava lamp
I was going to stick to strictly five but heres a few more of my faves:
- Waterparks (Wild Wadi & Aquaventure)
- Staycations if your living here (JBH, Waldorf Astoria, Desert Islands Resort and Spa, Atlantis)
- Shakespeare & co: SOUK AL BAHAR branch (great food -esp their french toast, view of burj khalifa and good shisha – perf for a girly lunch)
What are your top places to visit here? I’d love your recommendations!
Salaam lovelies, I went to see the pyramids in Cairo and no Aladdin wasn’t there but I wore my Aladdin pants so same difference right?! After two days of freezing in Cairo the day we went to pyramids the weather was beautiful alhumdulilah!
We travelled around on horses which was absolutely amazing – I love the clippety cloppety sound when a group of horses are walking together ❤ The guide who took us around had PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLLLLLLZ YOU KNOW –
Look at me touching the top of the pyramids, I went to Egypt for this picture and I’m so glad I got it, also got one of me jumping over the pyramids but going to keep that to myself ha. Shout out to the guide, thank you ever so much!
Aladdin outfit 1:
Aladdin pants: eBay
Maxi cardi: Whitechapel market
Jewellery: Aldo/ Primarni
Shoulder bag: Coach
I loved my Aladdin pants so much I decided to wear them again but this time in Sharm El Sheikh because obviously can’t outfit repeat in the same city lol
Aladdin outfit 2:
I really don’t know why I’m pouting like that lol 😐
Everything else same as outfit 1
Hi guys, just a quick ootd before I board my flight to EGYPT YAYYYY!
Wet look trousers: Boohoo
Maxi Cardi: Whitechapel market
Hijab: Whitechapel market
Travel bag that manages to fit my whole life Alhumdulilah: Next
Leather jacket: Bank
*just realised I forgot to publish this post anyway a bit late but here it is now (not that anyone was waiting lmao) – btw soooooo glad I grabbed my leather jacket last minute, it’s quite cold in Cairo which is quite sad as I bought my sun hat 😦
I love buying and trying traditional outfits from all the places I visit, especially if it’s from a market and I can watch my mum haggle like a pro!
So obviously when I went to the markets in Jordan and saw all the beautiful Jordanian dresses hanging there I had to drag my mum into the shops to get me one.
So we went into the shops and mum was set on a price so she haggled her way down but wasn’t convinced so standard procedure, she said ‘no it’s ok’ and started to exit the shop in hope that the owner would call us back with a better price and ALHUMDULILAH he did…………….
***Sorry for the terrible picture quality, everyone refused to take pictures of me and the front camera as you can see is blerghhhhh
Dress: Market in Amman, Jordan
Leather Jacket: Bank Fashion (last year xmas sale)
How beautiful is the embroidery ❤ There was also loads of little sequins on it but I wore it when I went to wadi ram for camping and I think they all got lost in the sand (note: don’t let your siblings bury you in sand when you’re wearing something nice) </3
This OOTD has got me looking through all the pictures from Jordan for like the 86th time! Visiting Jordan was such an amazing experience from climbing up a mountain on a DONKEY to visiting the alleged cave of the seven sleepers everything was absolutely fantastic!
Sunset over the dead sea:
The girl who gave me a ‘gift’ and asked to take a picture with me, then shouted at me when I didn’t have money to buy the gift she handed me lmao:
Supposed cave of the seven sleepers: