Okay so I’ve been holidaying in Dubai since I was 11 and living in here, well just outside of Dubai for over a year now so i feel qualified enough to tell you guys what you gotta do/see here…
- So firstly you have to start your day off right and that is with breakfast, and this breakfast has to be at COCOA ROOM. If your on holiday and you have breakfast included at your hotel then PEAK! no I’m joking I love a good breakfast buffet and I wouldn’t give that up but if you can go, make sure you go COCOA ROOM and if you’re living here and you haven’t been yet, your weekend breakfast plans are now in place 😉
Must order: Salted Caramel and Burnt Marshmallow Hot Chocolate & Nutella French Toast
- Secondly make sure you have DESERT SAFARI booked for one of the days. Desert Safari is a great experience you get to do camel riding, quad biking, sand boarding, you can get yourself a henna tattoo and at the end of the day there’s a lovely bbq dinner usually accompanied by belly dancing. Also most desert safari tour operators will pick you up and drop you back to your hotel which is pretty convinient.
Top tip: Check out groupon/cobone/yalla banana for good deals on desert safari.
- Third, DUBAI MALL. I wouldn’t spend the whole day here especially if you are on holiday as there’s so much more to see but you definitely have to visit the worlds largest mall. Dubai mall has an indoor theme park, an indoor aquarium, right outside is the Burj Khalifa (you can go to the top, which is meant to be amazing) and of course theres the dancing fountain which you have to check out.
Where to eat: Shake shack (cause you can’t visit Dubai and not snapchat your tray full of juicy shake shack burgers and cheesy fries)and Mini pancakes from holland house. Also if you’re from London and you’re missing Pinkberry because they shut it down for some stupid reason THEY HAVE IT IN DUBAI MALL ❤
- Fourth, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi. YOU JUST HAVE TO GO! It is breathtaking. Everything is just perfection.
Top tip: Buy a really cute abaya from a souk in Dubai beforehand (naif souk) for really cute pictures because the ones they provide you with aren’t so cute.
- Lastly, Tresind. I won’t write much about this as I’ve dedicated a whole post to it already: https://anahhh.wordpress.com/2016/08/17/tresind-very-india/. This isn’t much of a holiday-y restaurant as you don’t have the fab views of Dubai but if you live here its an absolutely lovely place for a special birthday or anniversary.
Must order: Modernised chaat trolley, Raan & Passionfruit lava lamp
I was going to stick to strictly five but heres a few more of my faves:
- Waterparks (Wild Wadi & Aquaventure)
- Staycations if your living here (JBH, Waldorf Astoria, Desert Islands Resort and Spa, Atlantis)
- Shakespeare & co: SOUK AL BAHAR branch (great food -esp their french toast, view of burj khalifa and good shisha – perf for a girly lunch)
What are your top places to visit here? I’d love your recommendations!
So I am currently temp mummy while my parents are away and to answer the question above: no school runs are not fun. not. at. all. This job is hard man but don’t worry I won’t go on a about that right now, instead I just want to say I MISS AND APPRECIATE MY PARENTS EVER SO MUCH and I can’t wait till they’re back and I can have my original ‘sister’ title. Dedicating this post to them, they’re probably never going to read it but its always cute to have someone dedicate something to you YAAAKNOW. Anyway here are some outfits I put together for the school run week: AFTER SCHOOL runs btw, the morning runs were basically abaya over my pj’s and a shawl over my head and half my face because didn’t really want anyone to see me in that state…
Top: Primark Mens because its almost impossible to find plain white tops in female sections that are not see through erghhhh why??? | Mom Jeans: Pull&Bear | Coat Blazer: HQ | Bag: Primark
Top: H&M | Skirt: New Look | Bag: Primark | Hijab: Whitechapel Market
Cape: InayahC | Top: Primark | Skinny Jeans: Next | Shoes: TKMaxx
Top: Primark | Treggings: Uniqlo | Hijab: Whitechapel Market | Heels: Primark
Abaya: Ilford Lane | Shoes: TKMaxx
I clearly love the shawl you see in almost every outfit but have no idea where its from and I’m currently on the hunt for more like it so please do let me know 🙂
Follow me on instagram: @anahhh.jpg
Seeing a maxi dress with full sleeves and good chest coverage honestly makes my heart beat faster and at a good price as well *faints*
life size chess board which happened to be right next to my hotel room was literally screaming PHOTOSHOOT MOMENT lmao
Transparent box bag: eBay
Wedges: New Look
Jewellery: Aldo/ Primarni
Salaam lovelies, I went to see the pyramids in Cairo and no Aladdin wasn’t there but I wore my Aladdin pants so same difference right?! After two days of freezing in Cairo the day we went to pyramids the weather was beautiful alhumdulilah!
We travelled around on horses which was absolutely amazing – I love the clippety cloppety sound when a group of horses are walking together ❤ The guide who took us around had PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLLLLLLZ YOU KNOW –
Look at me touching the top of the pyramids, I went to Egypt for this picture and I’m so glad I got it, also got one of me jumping over the pyramids but going to keep that to myself ha. Shout out to the guide, thank you ever so much!
Aladdin outfit 1:
Aladdin pants: eBay
Maxi cardi: Whitechapel market
Jewellery: Aldo/ Primarni
Shoulder bag: Coach
I loved my Aladdin pants so much I decided to wear them again but this time in Sharm El Sheikh because obviously can’t outfit repeat in the same city lol
Aladdin outfit 2:
I really don’t know why I’m pouting like that lol 😐
Everything else same as outfit 1
“HAAANGOVER TERI YAADON KA, HAAANGOVER TERI BAATON KA” I sang while putting on my asian attire because singing bollywood songs is just standard procedure when putting on asian clothes, am I right or am I right?
I’m right ~
So today’s post will be my first ever ootd. Seeing as it’s my first please excuse my terrible full length picture taking skills
Let’s start with the most important part…
Flicked/Winged my eyeliner for the first time ever today, took me three YouTube tutorials and just over half an hour on my eyes but I did it YAY
Black Bobble Hijab: Whitechappel Market
Next the outfit:
Kurta: J. (Junaid Jamshed) in Pakistan
Black Leggings: Primark
Gold Clutch: Aldo
Finally the shoes:
The heels were a gift it says ‘pretty fit’ inside idk what that is or where that is tbh?!
Went to Faroz in ilford for an Auntie’s 50th birthday surprise – Alhumduliah had a fab time with all my faves: